Friday, August 7, 2009

Today I realized what a blessing it is to have people around you that deeply care about you hold you accountable... people who ask you how you're doing Spiritually.

I realized that it means a lot to me to have someone ask me questions like "How have you been doing without Facebook and... have you been using that time for more quiet time like you had been hoping to?" and "What are you reading in the Word these days? How has it been speaking to you?" It's a blessing to me because it keeps me on track. It's sometime hard to answer honestly, but I think that if someone cares enough to genuinely ask you those kinds of questions, they deserve your honesty.

When was the last time you asked someone "How are you doing Spiritually?" Why is it that those words don't escape our lips more often?

Thank you God, for putting this kind of people in my life to draw me closer to You.

I just have to say that I have an amazing God. He knows me better than anyone else and I am continually in awe of how He takes care of me...

When I got home from camp on Wednesday I stopped for a minute and thought, "I'm kinda lonely now!" After having spent the week surrounded by people, my apartment suddenly seemed lonely and boring!

I realize I am a complicated person to figure out because as much as I love people, I actually love my 'alone time' just as much! But, yesterday I was just wishing I could 'be with' someone. I didn't feel like I needed someone to talk to or do something with, I just wanted someone there with me. Well, God obviously knew how I was feeling and He decided to take care of that for me...

Today I went to my teammates' house to do laundry and have lunch with them and their language partners. After that I had Bible study with my mentor and was planning to just go home and maybe clean my house or watch a movie or something. But, my teammates decided to ask me if I wanted to just 'hang out with them' for the rest of the day (and evening). We ended up napping, ate dinner, and watched movies together until almost 9!

I'm sure they had no idea how much I needed that, but they were a huge blessing to me today! Even though I didn't accomplish much of anything today, I got to 'be with' someone :)

Now that I think of it, it's kind of funny that I am so surprised by how well God knows me... He did create me!

Anyway, those are some of the random thoughts in my head before bed tonight! Thanks for reading them if you did!

No comments: