Monday, August 31, 2009

Homestay #2... the Reader's Digest version

Hello again!
I'm finally home again! It's been a busy weekend and I've finally got a minute to write a quick blog!

I'm feeling a little lazy as far as sharing all the details of my week last week so if you want more than what I'm writing now, send me an e-mail!

This time I stayed with an older couple and it was a really relaxing, slow paced week. We stayed close to home for most of the week. (although I did have a few things to go to like team prayer meeting, my language lesson and a party with the Saturday kid's English class so that probably got in the way of making plans) I got to do a lot of reading, studying and I even had a nap every day! :) I learned a lot from this family too and it was really fun getting to know them and be a part of their lives for the week!

The highlight of my week was going to the aquarium in Shimonoseki! It was my first time to an aquarium and I loved it! I took lots of pictures so I made another slide show. We (Mrs I, her friend and I) went to Shimonoseki by bullet train around 9, and then we met one of her friends for tea. After tea they took me to a famous Shinto shrine. It was the first time I had been to one and it was a really good reminder of why I am here... My heart ached thinking about how many people in Japan are so lost and living in darkness.



This week we had a necklace making party with some of the kids from our Saturday English class (and our 2 Sunday School kids). It was really fun and it went really well! We watched Veggie Tales "Where's God when I'm Scared" in Japanese which was quite entertaining for me! It helps when you know the story in English already, and there's a video to go with it, but I was actually able to understand a few things!

Here's some of my favorite pictures from the party...

Although I'm sure there's lots more to be blogged about, I need to call it quits for now because I need to do some lesson planning! Classes start again tomorrow and I certainly didn't accomplish my goal of getting ahead this month! (good thing I have all day off today!)

Until next time...
-Hillary :)

No comments: