Sunday, August 23, 2009

it all started with tacos...

Yesterday I had one of my students and her niece over for lunch and I made tacos for them. Things were going really well... we ate, played card games and then a bazillion rounds of Uno. While we were eating, we got to talking about fishing because my student had brought some fried fish that she had caught with her husband not so long ago. I then told her that I love fishing and that someof my favorite childhood memories come from when I used to go fishing with my Dad really early in the morning before he went to work. She asked me if I would like to go fishing with her and her husband sometime so I said YES! then she asked if I had any plans for that evening so I said no. That led to a phone call to her husband and before I knew it, we had plans to go fishing around 4!

Here's some of the pictures I took... again, there's a lot so I put together another slide show!



These are some of my favorites...

It was really cool to catch more than one fish at a time! I caught 5 once, but of course I didn't have my camera ready! They weren't the biggest fish ever but these were about average size.
My student, Chikako san and her husband and nephew. Can you tell I was absolutely thrilled about this experience?! :)

I captured this one on our way back to the shore... I really like it! Probably not the safest place to be, but he had the rope wrapped around him and his dad was right beside him! I thought it was pretty cute!

After we finished fishing, Chikako san invited me to her house for dinner and we ate the fish we just caught! (Some of it raw) It was really fun and I felt really privileged that she had invited me to spend so much time with her! I had a blast! Once again, God met one of my unspoken desires! He is so good to me!

No comments: