Tuesday, August 18, 2009

clean!!

I am certainly enjoying this week! Yesterday we had our monthly field prayer day where all the Christar missionaries get together to pray for each other. I usually enjoy our prayer days, but yesterday's was especially good :)

After I came home around 3:30, I had a little nap! (how amazing it is to be able to just take a nap when you're tired!)

Later on I went for a bike ride to watch the sunset by the water (but I was a little too late so I missed the best part of it) It was fun watching all the crabs come out and scurry away super fast when I drove by them!

Today we had a team meeting in the morning and then I had my mentor time with Teresa. I sure do treasure our time together! It is such a blessing to have a mentor. I love how Teresa not only teaches me, but she's also learning with me... we are memorizing verses together! We are working our way through a really good book called "Screams in the Desert" by Sue Eenigenburg. Her stories are usually quite funny but they almost always have something that really impacts me.

Our team meeting went a little long and so did our mentor time so it was after 1 by the time we finished. Bob and Teresa invited me to stay for lunch and after lunch they helped me with my language study. Have I mentioned that each one of my teammates are amazing yet...because they are!

When I came home around 4, I decided to finish up my cleaning. I did my dishes, cleaned my sink, cleaned my living room from top to bottom....floor wiping, furniture moving and all! I actually ended up re-arranging my living room since I was moving my furniture anyway! I felt like changing things up so I switched my couch and my table. It's not a huge change, but it's something different! I'm not sure I like it yet, but it's too much work to change it back so I'll probably keep it this way. I really can't figure out if I am a person who likes change or not!

After my living room, I moved to the bathroom and I cleaned my shower and my tub (how can an unused tub get so yucky?!) which were in desperate need of a thorough scrub!

It's so satisfying having a clean house... especially since it's been SO messy for SO long! I still have to clean my kitchen floor, and organize my closet, but boy it feels good! If only I could keep it this way for longer than 24 hours! Seriously, it's kind of sad but I know that this will not last long because I am just a "messy" as my Mom calls me! (there's a book called "living with a messy" or something like that and my Mom thinks it was written about me!) I really do like having things clean, but my clean habits just don't stick! I can be clean when I have to though... that's why I like having company over because it means I have to clean up! (but that's not the only reason I like having people over though!)

Speaking of company... this week I am excited that I get to host a few guests! Tomorrow Bob and Teresa and maybe Bobby are coming over for dinner and games, and on Friday night I am having my neighbour over with one of her friends that came to our last Friday Night. I'm still wating to hear back from a couple of people about coming over this week, but I'm not sure if they will respond. I really do love hosting... it's so fun! :)

Tomorrow I don't have any plans until dinner so I think I'll end up finishing my cleaning projects, doing a little Japanese study, and maybe a little lesson planning... who knows what the day will hold! (There certainly is no shortage of things to do though!)

Thursday I will go to Tokuyama for my conversation class with the church ladies and then I will have my Japanese lesson. After that, I am meeting my good friend Yumi and we're going to do something 'fun' together since we haven't been able to spend time with each other for a long time.

Friday I've got no plans until dinner again... my neighbour Noriko and her friend Tomoko are coming over :)

and Saturday... again, no official plans yet! I sure do love vacation! I've got plenty to do, but it's so nice to be able to just do it with a more relaxed agenda. As much as I like teaching English, it's going to be hard to get back into my 'regular' routine in September... maybe I just won't think about it right now! I'm so thankful for this time of rest even though it seems to be flying!

Well, I think I'm going to go reward myself for my 3 hours of cleaning... I'm going to make some popcorn and watch a movie :) Good night!

No comments: