Wednesday, September 30, 2009

just sharing...

Recently, I've been learning a lot about God's character... I guess I use the term 'recently' loosly because it's actually been a theme to my Bible reading for probably a few weeks/months. It's neat how God is just continuing to reveal more and more about Himself to me!

This morning I was reading in 2 Timothy 2 and verse 13 really blessed me...

"If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny who He is."

So beautiful...

I am so human and I can't even estimate the number of times I have been unfaithful to God... but how amazing is it that no matter how many times my good intentions fail, my passion fades, or I allow my priorities to get shifted, God will ALWAYS be there for me because He is faithful... and He always will be because that's just who He is!

Some days, like today, simplistic truths sink deeply into my heart. I have been a Christian for around 13 years or so, I grew up in a Christian home, went to Christian schools and yet I feel like there's SO much I don't know about God, the Bible and being a Christian.

Even though it's hard to think about leaving because I've gotten so settled here, I'm starting to get really excited about my plans for after I leave. At this point, my plan is to work for a while, go to Bible school in the fall (I'm leaning towards Millar) (and then I'll be working on coming back to Japan full time). Although I've never really enjoyed being a student, I am excited to be learning and growing in my walk with God and my knowledge of Him through Bible school.

Anyway, I should be getting ready for bed so I guess I'll quit for now!

Tell me about what God's been teaching you these days!!

1 comment:

Janie V. said...

hey hillary! guess wat..i made a blog! jvmarks.blogspot.com
check it out please! :D
love janie