Friday, September 11, 2009

could I be any clumsier?

Today was my day off so I decided to finally tackle my very disorganized closet.

Turns out that dealing with the top shelf is not a good idea for the queen of clumsiness... I was slowly taking everything off the top shelf (which is where I have been placing things that I don't know what to do with over the last 7 months)...

(captured mid-way through the process of spreading everything out on my living room floor to organize)

All of the sudden, as I climbed down from my chair to place another stack on the floor, I hear the dreaded sound of shattering glass....

uh oh, that can't be good. Do I really want to turn around and see what just broke?

I turned around to assess the damage and this is what I found...

I had a bag of small gifts that one of my teammates had bought me for my birthday up on the shelf and I guess I didn't make sure that it was stable after moving the pile beside it and the whole bag (and a few other items) came crashing down! This picture might be a little dramatic because some of the things were on the floor already, but you get the idea! There was actually a lot of broken glass, but thankfully most of it stayed inside the tissue paper.

The bag contained 5 very pretty small plates and sadly, only 2 of 5 survived :( I am such a klutz!

I've always been clumsy... just ask my family! Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever change!

Just a few weeks after arriving in Japan, I had already made quite a few clumsy mistakes. (such as sending several ice cubes flying all over the floor while trying to get them out of the tray, near tripping experiences, clanging glasses and plates together... and many other things....) One evening while eating dinner with my teammates, I almost knocked over the jug of water as I reached for some bread or something.

Bobby, who has witnessed the majority of these clumsy stunts, looked at me and said "Hillary, are you a clumsy person?" Dorothy (another teammate) was absolutely shocked that Bobby had just asked me that so she looked at him and says "Of course she's not!!"

Oh, Dorothy... if only you knew! She's so sweet always thinking the best of others, but unfortunately she was wrong this time! I am probably one of the clumsiest people you will ever meet!!

Anyway, I realize this is another random blog, but I figured it would make my friends and family smile and think "ah, that's our Hillary, the queen of clumsiness!"

No comments: