Saturday, January 16, 2010

I just like to smile... Smiling's my favorite :)

Hehehe just thought I'd quote Elf to start off my list this week!
Here's my smile list for this week! As usual, my life is full of reasons to smile and I'm so thankful for that... can you imagine what life would be like without laughter and smiles??

-watching grandma Okamoto (an 83 year old lady with no teeth) enjoy her piece of birthday cake topped with whipped cream :) she had it all over her lips!

-the satisfaction of cooking a meal with all 4 food groups!

-figuring out how to take my electic toilet seat off and giving my toilet a good cleaning... and then figuring out how to put it back on all by myself!

-catching up with friends on skype

-drinking cherry Kool-Aid :) (I intentionally made it stronger and sweeter than it's supposed to be!)

-the satisfaction of 'deep cleaning' :)

-planning surprises! (no, I can't tell you what I've done... that would ruin the surprise!) I just have to say that putting this little surprise together made me smile because it was fun!

-Valentine's Day displays being set up at the Dollar store... YAY! it's less than one month away now!! :)

-Dollar store treasures... like a new toilet brush and holder! (yeah, doesn't take much to excite me!) and yes, that makes two things about toilets on my smile list... oh dear! :P

-making conversation with "my" grocery clerk

-getting "real mail" :)

-making poutine and chicken strips... and blogging about it! :)

-Pastor Nakamura forbidding me to eat okonomiyaki this week because our conversation class is going out for okonomiyaki next week... guess he wants me to make sure I don't get sick of it!

-a bright new light on my bike :)

-Dad gagging as Melissa told him about what she did at work that day (she's a nurse!)

-ganging up on Dad with Lissa and Mom and making him do his little "ah-heh-heh-heh"

-having a conversation about how to spell Dad's "ah-heh-heh-heh" :)

(Can you tell we were pretty much laughing during our entire 3 way call??!)

-Teresa's nostalgic moments of passionately singing along to the Carpenters music playing at Jolly Ox :)

-Bob beating Teresa and I at Blitz... but that NEVER happens right Bob?! :P

-getting together with friends for meals

-hosting guests

-a tickle fight with Towa kun.... I obviously won because I made him beg for mercy! :P

-finding out one of my students is going to come to church with me next week :)

-having so many dinner and lunch plans that I don't have to think about making a meal for myself for the next week! (except for the 2 nights I am having company over for dinner)

Just 2 weeks from today I'll be sitting on a plan on my way to Winnipeg!! I know I've said it lots, but time is seriously flying!! I am enjoying all of the fun plans I have with friends and making the most of my last few days here... but boy it's busy!

Anyway, speaking of busy, I should be doing something a little more productive than blogging!
Have a wonderful weekend! and don't forget to take some time to enjoy the things that make you smile! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

great list, Heewee! hope you have a super week visiting and packing up. talk to you soon!