Saturday, January 9, 2010

i almost forgot!

Wow, that was a close one... I almost forgot to post my smile list today! I sort of forgot it was Saturday... all my days are blending together now that I don't have a regular routine of teaching!

As a random fact... I leave Japan 3 weeks from today!! I'm trying to balance the excitment of all that is coming up in the next few months with making the most of my last 3 weeks here. Of course I'm sad to leave Japan because it has been my home for the last year and I love it here, but I'm also really looking forward to being with my parents and friends again. I haven't said many "final" goodbyes yet because I'm getting togther with friends throughout the next 3 weeks, but it makes things easier knowing that I will be returning eventually!

Anyway, here's my smile list for this week. I think it's a little shorter than usual, but that's only because I haven't been as faithful at writing things down!

my smile list this week could probably be summed up in two words every week... and this one's no different...

-Bobby Baden :)

Ok, so there were a few other things/people that made me smile too!

-pictures of a dog frolicking in the snow for the first time

-watching Bobby and Drew exchange "secrets"... I think I like Drew's secrets better than Bobby's :P

-Bobby's reaction when checking the Winnipeg weather forecast... think he can be convinced it might warm up in February?? :P

-making myself dizzy taking the lights off of the Christmas tree!

-enjoying a peaceful afternoon of de-decorating the church listening to worship music

-Bob's chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast before our team prayer meeting :)

-the victory of successfully taking apart the Christmas tree and getting it to fit back in the box all by myself! (with God's help)

-more snow!! (this time just flurries)

-Teresa giving me a vanilla softlips chapstick and some of her french vanilla cappucino mix!! (she reeeeally loves me!) :)

-watching Finding Nemo

-the curiousity I stirred up with my last post... ;)

-hearing a lady tell her dog to hurry up when he was looking for a place to pee!

-a cute little boy with bed head sleepily following his mom through the train station

-telling my Japanese teacher that I made a computer yesterday instead of used one! :P We got a good laugh out of that one!!

-the feeling of that first step into a hot bath :) oh the bliss of a hot bath on a cold night!

-the English on my body wash that says "please enjoy the bus time"... I think they mean BATH!

-a conversation with my Mom and my sister about old underwear... I'll spare the details... but let's just say I had a good, long laugh with them! :)

-sharing lunch with two good friends and going shopping at second hand stores after

-keeping up with my New Year's resolution :)

Thanks for taking the time to read through my smile list... hope you had a good week of smiles too! Feel free to share some with me! Enjoy the weekend! :)

No comments: