Saturday, June 4, 2011

any ideas...

Anyone have suggestions as to how to stay awake while reading a textbook on a bright sunny afternoon with a cool breeze blowing in through the windows??
Everything inside of me wants to just curl up on the couch and take a nap right now but I have SO much reading to do today!
Oh, and by the way, suggestions to take just a little cat nap won't do. I can't do cat naps... naps are 2-3 hour ordeals for me! :P
Maybe I need to invest in some glasses like these...

4 comments:

Dayna said...

maybe try reading out loud for a while? that sometimes helps me... or walk/pace while you read? hard to fall asleep then!

i'm not sure if this one will keep you awake, but it might keep you motivated: set little goals and reward yourself! ie: every 8 pages=a piece of chocolate or a 2 minute break or something like that...

happy reading! and noooo napping! :)

Christine said...

Eat a bag of celery, and I will add to Dayna's idea of reading out loud, but do it in a British accent.
When I was the librarian at Mennville, I read Geronimo Stilton books to the kids with a British accent, some of them thought I was just plain weird, but they listened to me.

Boden said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm glad you've put your name in for the big giveaway! I hope you get your reading done!

Hillary said...

Thanks for the suggestions Dayna and Christine!! I managed to get (most of) my reading done using mostly a reward strategy... I also did laundry which kept giving me little breaks!
Unfortunately I really don't like celery so I didn't try that one! And, I think Bobby might get a little annoyed (or think I'm crazy) if I did reading out loud so I ended up just mouthing the words instead! ;)

You're welcome Jen... It's always fun to find new fun blogs to follow!