Saturday, December 25, 2010

today's the day!

It's Christmas Eve! I was glancing at some of my old blog posts the other day and was reminded of how much I love the actual day of Christmas Eve! (It's my second favorite day of the year next to Valentine's Day!) I don't know what it is, but I just love the anticipation of Christmas... maybe because Christmas comes and goes so fast.

I will always remember heading over to my Aunt Chris' house on Christmas Eve after we went to church for the candle light service. Her house is always so "magical" at Christmas! We always had special crafts that were planned for us, yummy food, and of course, the blessing of having Mom's side of the family all together :) I sure do miss that.

This year, we're heading to Melissa and Brad's for Christmas Eve! We're leaving this morning around 11 when Mom gets off work!! We're going to hopefully make it to their candle light service and then head home and have some appetizers and sweets... and maybe play some games or watch Christmas movies. It will be a good weekend for sure! It will be our first Christmas as a family of 6... and soon to be 7 with a little Taylor baby on the way! This probably won't happen again for a while so we're all really soaking this one in.

It's also my first Christmas with Bobby! Even though we were dating this time last year, he was in the States and I was in Japan. We're also looking forward to a special time together just the 2 of us after we get home from Saskatchewan... I get 2 Christmas Eves! :)

Well, I should get going... Merry Christmas to all! Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy every minute of it! Make lots of memories! :)

No comments: