Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1st edition of the smile list from Canada :)

Well hello from Canada :)
Yup, I made it home safe and sound and now I'm trying to deal with extreme weather shock! :P
I know it's a little late this week, but I haven't had much of a chance to post my smile list until now!
I had a good trip home... it was long, but I'm happy to be with my family again!
So, without any further ado, (that's a funny phrase!) here's my smile list :)

-watching a little girl listen to a Bible lesson, hearing the Bible for the very first time :)

-Mrs W recalling the time when I taught her the phrase "backseat driver", saying that I was a good English teacher! :P

-finding $30 US in my money belt from last year!

-my AMAZING teammates :)

-a lady who chatted away to me on the phone for 2 whole minutes before allowing me to tell her I was a foreigner and I don't speak Japanese! (I felt bad, but I think she was pretty embarrassed after!)

-a breakfast picnic in my living room with the Reisters

-words of affirmation

-sleeping in a "real" bed for the first time since October

-crawling into a toasty warm bed thanks to an electric blanket :)

-a little rest in the sun streaming through the window

-Blitz :) ok, so maybe being the winner by a mile is what made ne smile :)

-falling asleep to the sound of the pouring rain :)

-watching Napoleon Dynamite with Bob and Teresa... Bob loves it as much as my Dad and Teresa hates it as much as my Mom... it was a blast!

-the ground crew in at the Fukuoka airport waving and bowing as the plane drove away

-having a whole row of seats to myself (both sides)

-friendly flight attendants :)

-know how there's a little cloth over the head rest of every seat... well there was a sweet little baby making a game out of pulling it off and making his mom put it back on and he was just loving it!

-getting free post cards from the airline :) (I'm such a nerd!)

-seeing Mt Fuji for the first time in real life! (it was on the other side of the plane that I was on, but I was able to switch over to the other side and got a great view of it!) :)

-watching a man help an older lady lift her carry on up into the over head compartment

-a sweet little 7 month old baby girl with a cute little pink pony tail :)

-Mom and Dad bringing me a helium balloon at the airport but accidently losing it as they walked into the airport doors (they pointed it out to me at the top of the ceiling as we were leaving!)

-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs :)

-going to church at Elim again... and having one of my former Sunday school girls ask me if I visited any churches while I was in Japan :) She's so sweet!

-spending the day at Siloam with my Momma :)

So there you have it for this week... I hope to keep this up! Hold me accountable to it!!
Keep smiling :)

4 comments:

Lindsey Dueck said...

Glad to hear to made it home safely! Electric blankets are THE best, I got one for Christmas and use it pretty much everyday!

Dayna said...

welcome back to canada hillary!!!

Dombowsky Family said...

what about little hiccups inside my belly? ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks ladies :)
Dayna, I like your hair! I haven't been able to see your picture on the computer I've been using so I don't know how long you've had it... but I like it!
Cher, your baby's hiccups are definitely on this week's smile list!!! :) You made my day!
-Hill