Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Overdue Update!

Well hello again!
Thought it was time for a long overdue update! Sorry for those of you who aren't on Instagram and can't see the pictures I post.

Pregnancy is still going well, and we are so thankful for that! I'm 23 weeks now and it's hard to believe we're past the half way mark already!! I'm still feeling pretty tired, but these days I'm feeling pretty good... still not quite at the "Superwoman" feeling many women say comes along with the second trimester though. I'm sleeping pretty good and haven't had the typical complaints of back pain or frequent bathroom trips, but something tells me that will be here before I know it!

I am feeling quite a bit of movement these days, pretty low and it's very cool to know that little one is doing well in there! Bobby was able to feel a good strong movement (no clue what part of the baby's body it came from) one night as we were falling asleep and that was super exciting! Sometimes when I lay still, I can see my belly "twitch". Haven't noticed any patterns to sleep and awake times yet, but it seems as though this baby is a fan of Tim Horton's :)

It's so fun to experience all the "firsts" of pregnancy that I always dreamed about... we got to hear the heartbeat at the doctor's the other day  (we didn't get to hear that in Japan because I think they just look at the heartbeat on the ultrasounds) and we had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound a couple weeks back. We had no idea just how much can go wrong in a pregnancy until the technician explained everything she was looking for! We are SO thankful for this healthy baby and a smooth pregnancy! (from what the technician saw anyway!)

Belly isn't too big yet, but I think it's getting a little more obvious I'm pregnant each week. I feel like I'm still at the point where people probably just wonder if I am or not. I'm loving being able to buy and wear maternity clothes! It's crazy how expensive brand new clothes are so I've been having fun finding post Christmas 50% off clearance deals and shopping at thrift stores. I'm so thankful we are here in North America because I have been able to get pants and bras that I'm sure I never would have been able to get in Japan!

We've registered at Babies R Us because our home church is having a shower for us! That was fun, but also slightly overwhelming! :) It's really hard not knowing whether this little one will make his or her appearance in Japan or Maryland! (oh, and by the way, we aren't finding out if it's a boy or girl)

Well, my battery is running out so I need to finish up! Thanks again for keeping up with us and praying for our little blessing :)

21 weeks...

23 weeks...

Eventually I'll remember to wear the same shirt each week so it will be a little more obvious how much growth has happened :)

No comments: