Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Ode to Umbrellas...

So here's my dilemma...

My umbrella is broken. I need to go to the store to buy an umbrella. But, it's raining! How do I get to the store with no umbrella when it's raining?!

Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait until it lets up and I'll go later... Anything I need at the store today is not life or death so I could probably even wait till another day! Rainy season is almost over... is it worth is to buy a new umbrella?! I've been wanting to buy a 'fun' umbrella for a while now, but for some reason I've waited until the end of rainy season to do it! Silly Hillary!

Sigh... what a dilemma! :P

*I just googled 'umbrella' because I wanted a picture to add to this blog and now I'm wondering where I can find one of these...






I'm sure I would be the talk of the town! Seriously, would kids really want to wear this?!










I also found this one... pretty genius idea I think! (In case you can't tell, it's 2 umbrellas joined as one!) I guess it would be a lot safer for people walking side by side... no fear of eye poking!





I'm actually finding quite a few neat umbrella inventions like a self standing umbrella! (it stays upside down by itself when you set it down) And of course there are some 'are you serious?' umbrellas like a 'doggie umbrella.' You should google it... it'll probably make you laugh!

Check out the Youtube video at the end of this post...

I'm sold! I love the opening demonstration before and after each 'destruction method'!

Seriously, if it wasn't $180, I'd buy it! Although I'm sure I'll probably end up spending that much on replacing broken umbrellas since I seem to have such bad luck with them!

Well, I guess I need to move on to something a little more productive than searching for pictures of cool umbrellas! (but hey, the heading of this blog does warn that these are my random thoughts!) I think I this post falls under the category of 'too much time on her hands'! this was supposed to be a short post about my rainy day dilemma and look where it got me! :P

No comments: