Friday, April 1, 2011

One year ago today...

...my best friend asked me the most important question I've ever been asked in my life- and the answer was... YES!!! :) (of course!) One year ago today, Bobby asked me to marry him and I couldn't have been more excited! Today we had a picnic (in our living room as it was a little chilly!) to celebrate and reminisce about our special day. It's hard to believe it's been a year, but what a wonderful year it's been! All the ups and downs of planning a wedding (with a continent between us!), intensive 2 weeks of missions training followed by a week of intensive pre-marital counseling, the excitement of pre-wedding festivities, a dream come true wedding day, a blissful honeymoon, adjusting to being a student again, and of course- the ups and downs of figuring out married life! I'm so excited about our future together. What a blessing marriage is! I really couldn't be happier. I couldn't have made a better decision than to say YES that day :) Happy one year engagement anniversary, Bobby! Thanks for making me the happiest girl on the planet! (If you want to re-read our engagement story, take a peek here.)

No comments: